In this section we’ll go beyond the quickstart guide to get a deeper understanding of how to develop and deploy apps.
It’s quick and convenient to install a new Conclude app directly in Slack. The interactive app installer lets you deploy a custom app based on an existing blueprint. For example, if you want to create an app for handling financial approvals, you may want to use the generic approval blueprint as a starting point.
There are several ways to install an app:
- Click Conclude Home > Apps > Install App, or
/c app installin Slack, or
- Install from the Conclude web app conclude.app/apps.
The installer lets you choose a blueprint as the basis for your app, and gives you an option to create a new channel for the app.
After the app has been installed, Conclude sends you a personal message.
The installer initializes the app with default settings that work well for simple apps. Click the Edit or Settings button to customize and fine-tune your app.
Launch your app
Run an app by using one of these methods:
- Click the app’s launch button in Conclude Home under Dashboard or Apps, or
/c [my app]to launch your app, or
/cto see a list of installed apps, or
- Launch it from the Conclude web app’s sidebar menu, or the apps page.
The app builder is a fully interactive way to build and customize apps from within Slack.
Start the app builder from Conclude Home or by using a Slack command:
- Click Conclude Home > Apps > [my app] > Settings, or
/c app settingsin the channel where the app is installed, or in any of its activity channels.
Edit app source
You may also create and modify apps using the YAML editor:
- Click Conclude Home > Apps > [my app] > Settings > Code (source link), or
- Go to conclude.app/apps and click Edit App in the app’s settings menu.
Tip: Create a playground!
We recommend that you create a Slack channel, for example #conclude-playground, where you build your own test apps until you feel confident enough to create apps for your entire organization.